Dominican Republic Vacation
First off let me remove any lingering doubts or concerns you may have before embarking on your Dominican Republic Vacation. You will flat out have a fantastic time. It was by far the most enjoyable vacation I’ve experienced.
So if you are looking for a Grown and Sexy tropical getaway and considering a visit to the beaches of Hispaniola. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
5 Things to know before you go
- You will need a passport (which should be obvious)
- You will need at least $10 per person to enter the country. They do accept US Currency. Although you can use the Currency Exchange in the Airport, there will be a fairly hefty exchange fee. It would also behoove you to familiarize yourself with what the current exchange rate is for the Dominican Republic
- Your cellular service provider may hit you with roaming charges (fortunately most of the Hotels and Resorts have WiFi) If you must make calls back to your country of origin, best to check with your provider before you leave, as the may have a cheap add on package for traveling abroad.
- Pre-arrange transportation from the Airport to your hotel. This may literally save you a few hundred pesos. Exiting the airport may appear to be overwhelming as there will be Taxi and Transport services eager to earn your business. Combine that with a language barrier and it may feel a little intimidating. Check with your Hotel or Resort, as they may be able to arrange transportation and have someone waiting and holding a sign with your name.
- Keep a few dollars set aside for Tips. The locals are friendly and work extremely hard. Stash a few Singles, and Fives, as you may find it tough to break change for Twenties, Fifties and Benjamin’s (That’s One Hundred dollar bills for those who don’t know).
Enjoy the beauty of the Dominican Republic
From golden sunrises in the morning, to the bluest skies and turquoise water in the afternoon, and purple pink and orange sunsets. Each day was a new artistic expression to experience.
Dine on the beach and relax in the warm breeze of the Caribbean sea. When I visited, I was able to stay at AlSol Tiara all inclusive resort. The food was awesome, the service was amazing and the drinks were stout.
So if you are considering a trip to the Caribbean, and enjoy good food, music and nightlife in a Grown & Sexy Island setting, I would definitely recommend booking a Dominican Republic vacation. If you have questions or want to plan a group trip (we went with 6 couples)… contact me, email@example.com